Frequently Asked Questions

Building a new property can be daunting and confusing with information from different sources. We’ve compiled questions commonly asked at our sales suite, to help you gain a better understanding of the land purchasing & home building process at Harriott.

Before You Buy

What will be delivered as part of this new community?

On completion of Harriott’s development, Jinding will have delivered 575 land sites ready for new homes and over 2 hectares of green space.

Is there a body corporate applicable to lots?

There is no body corporate for any land currently planned at Harriott.

Will my land be flat to build on?

Lots are graded, benched, and retained to minimise significant changes in fall across lots. You can find more information on the levels of your lot on the Surface Level Works Plan within your Contract of Sale.

Can I choose my builder?

Yes, you have the flexibility to choose your preferred builder. Builders will need to  ensure that your home’s design complies with Harriott’s Design Guidelines, which can be accessed on the Buyer’s Portal.

Where can I view the latest construction activity and title dates?

The Harriott Buyer’s Portal has a construction section where you view each stage’s latest construction activity and anticipated title time frame.

Can I drive and see my block?

Your block of land is part of an active and busy construction site. For your own safety, access is not available during this time. Once these works are complete and it is safe to do so, we will send you an email to notify you that you can inspect your block. This will generally occur when practical completion occurs.

How will I find out when my block is titled?

You will receive an email from to notify you of this milestone. The Harriott Buyer’s Portal, is the best place to find anticipated title timeframes for each stage.

When do I need to settle?

Settlement is due 10 business days once you receive notice that your individual lot title is registered. This notice is provided to your conveyancer who will then inform you.

Where can I access a compaction report?

Information including the Plan of Subdivision, Building Envelopes, Lot Level Plans and Fill Certificates are uploaded within the “Lot Details” section of Harriott’s Buyer’s Portal. These are regularly checked by our team to ensure you have the latest available information for planning your home.

When can I access site for soil testing?

Access to site for soil testing is provided once Statement of Compliance is achieved on site. You will receive an email from to notify you of this milestone, alongside any considerations required for accessing the site.

When can I access site for valuations?

Access to site for valuations is provided once Practical Completion is achieved on site. You will receive an email from to notify you of this milestone, alongside any considerations required for accessing the site.

How do I know my final street address?

Your solicitor or conveyancer can provide this information once the land is titled. However, you can look this up by typing in your lot number and plan number (e.g.149\PS821074) from the Plan of Subdivision on

After Settlement

When can I start building my house?

Home construction must start within 6 months of settlement. Before construction can start, your home’s design must be assessed and receive developer approval. Once this is granted, a building permit must be obtained from either the City of Geelong or a licensed building surveyor. The home’s build must be completed within 18 months of settlement.

How do I submit my home design for developer approval?

When you are ready to submit your design for developer approval, visit the Harriott Buyers Portal then click “Application” and fill in the form to complete your design assessment submission. It will then be reviewed by the Design Approval Panel.

Access to NGDD’s Design Portal will be sent to your email once your submission is complete, you can login to this portal to view the design application progress at any time.

What if I want to change the design after my plans have been approved?

You can submit a new house design after your original plans are approved. However, a new submission will incur a small admin fee.

What overlays may apply to my block, and where can I get this information?

Planning overlays can be found in the Planning Property Report on Look up your lot and click on property details. For further advice on planning overlays, purchasers should seek advice from a builder or registered planner who can help you plan your build.

What is the community infrastructure levy?

The community infrastructure levy is a payment collected by Council to support the development of new community infrastructure. The one-off payment is collected from the landowner prior to issuing a building permit for each individual dwelling at the estate. Dwelling fees are displayed on the council website.

What broadband services will be available at Harriott?

Harriott qualifies for future NBN rollout. All premises must be aware and conform with the NBNCo Preparation and Installation Guide, which can be found online. All builders should understand these requirements, ensuring fibre can be provided to your home. Check to make sure your new home is NBN ready on NBN Co’s website.

How do I contact my neighbours for fencing?

You and your neighbour have equal cost responsibility for the shared fence on your lots. Due to privacy laws, Jinding can not disclose purchaser details, but you can request this information from the City of Geelong: form.aspx?form_id=20165

Throughout the construction of your land, Jinding will host ‘welcome events, which are an excellent opportunity to meet your neighbours. You can also request our customer relations team pass your details along to your neighbours. Email with the lot number of your neighbour to whom you would like your contact information provided.

Do I need temporary fencing to protect my lot before building commences?

Usually this is undertaken by your builder to help deter unauthorised people from entering your lot before building works commence.  This helps reduce the risk of having materials illegally dumped on your property and provides some security during your home’s construction.

To further assist, we install security cameras and onsite signage to help deter dumping and theft. Once a land lot is settled, the removal of any onsite dumped materials is the purchaser’s responsibility.

Where do I report rubbish dumping?

To help minimise rubbish on site, if you witness illegal dumping of garbage, soil, concrete, etc., please take a photo and submit a report to the relevant local authority via the Snap, Send, Solve app:

Does Harriott have reticulated recycled water?

Reticulated recycled water is available at Harriott for non-drinking purposes such as toilet flushing and garden usage. In accordance with the Harriott Design Guidelines, dwellings are required to connect all toilets and two garden taps (front and rear) to the recycled water system.

Does Harriott have reticulated Gas?

Reticulated gas is available at Harriott for residents to connect gas appliances.

Do I need to install a rainwater tank?

Rainwater tanks are encouraged at Harriott. However, in accordance with the Harriott Design Guidelines, rainwater tanks, and all accessories, must not be in front of the dwelling or visible from the street or public spaces. Rainwater tanks must also be coloured to match the home.


Where is the nearest town centre?

The Village Warralily is the nearest town centre and conveniently located adjacent to Harriott on Barwon Heads Road. You will find supermarkets, cafes, a pharmacy, and other specialty stores and services here.

Where are the nearest parks?

Central Park is located within the Harriott community and is ready for residents and the public to enjoy. It is located at the corner of Harkness Boulevard and Liberation Drive.

What school catchment does Harriott fall into?

Students at Harriott fall into the catchment of Armstrong Creek School, and Oberon High School. The Armstrong Creek East Children’s Centre is just down the road for early learning. There are also plenty of private and catholic education options nearby.